Backgroud

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thank You Mama!!!




So.....


It is seriously almost Christmas time!!! Wow!!! I think we have like 16 days!! I can't believe the end of this year is almost here. As I sit here on this rainy day, I begin to think where this year has taken me. I never really realized how much has changed in 1 year. For example: I am now an expecting mother!!! Woo Hoo!!! Finally at the ripe old age of 27!! Also, I have changed jobs, my best friend has welcomed a precious baby girl into this world, we have made changes in our house, etc.


One thing that I am truly blessed for this year is my mother. Now, I love my daddy as well, but this year really tested my mom. In February, she was hospitalized for strep-pneumonia. She was on a ventilator to breath for 15 days. She was altogether hospitalized for 23. We almost lost her several times and those days were the longest days of my life!!!! I don't know if you realize it or not, but my mama is very important to me. After dealing with the initial shock of my mom being so sick and then having the Dr. come in and say we could lose her, my world flipped. WHAT?? I am only 26 and I need my mama!! I have so many things I want to tell her, so many things I want to experience with her.


This experience really had me praying to God. I went to the chapel and got down on my knees and prayed to God!! I told him over and over again, please do not think I am selfish, but God I got to have my mama!!!! Everyday and every chance we all had we were at that hospital!! Never ever did we give up hope. To spare the details, I seen and witnessed things there I will never ever forget!! Within all this I learned that those we love the most at times we take advantage of. I also hope and pray that when my baby arrives I can be half the mom to it that mine has been to me!!




This year has changed me. I am so thankful for my mama!! I am also thankful for everyone else around me. It is amazing how only 365 days of life have made an impact on me forever. I cannot wait to see what 2009 has in store for me!






No comments: